Brand new Southern Wales (NSW) is Australia’s fifth biggest condition and addresses a location of 801, 428 km². If it had been a nation with its own right, it would oftimes be the 37th biggest on the planet, just behind Pakistan but ahead of chicken. The united kingdom could fit into NSW about 3 1/4 times which is bigger than California and New Mexico come up with.
It offers a populace of around 7.41 million men and women. It really is called “The Premier State” and the residents tend to be generally “Cockroaches” – excellent!
the next most visited place in NSW is the reason why Byron Bay, Australia mainland’s furthest point east. Nevertheless main attractions are, obviously, Harbour Bridge and also the Sydney Opera House, both in Sydney.
Famous Australians originally through the state feature Clive James, satirist, Paul Hogan, comedian turned Crocodile Dundee, Kerry Packer, media magnate and movie directors Baz Luhrmann and Peter Weir.
Locations in Brand New Southern Wales
Sydney is the money of the latest South Wales, but there are many other towns and localities with a population in excess of 10, 000 people.
Populations of locations change every day. Once I compiled this record in 2011, i acquired my populace figures from numerous sources plus some of these come from the census of 2006. I have decided not to you will need to constantly upgrade these population figures, when you are interested in a specific town or city, you might need do some searching online for updated information on the population.
That way you can see in the event that populace is growing, unchanged or shrinking.
Here’s the list….
- Newcastle – about 289, 000
- Gosford – around 283, 000
- Wollongong – about 235, 000
- Maitland – over 60, 000
- Albury 48, 000
- Wagga Wagga – about 47, 000
- Port Macquarie – roughly 40, 000
- Tamworth – about 33, 000
- Orange – simply over 31, 000
- Dubbo – around 30, 000
- Bathurst – 29, 000
- Nowra-Bomaderry- over 27, 000
- Lismore- about 27, 000
- Coffs Harbour – 26, 000
- Richmond-Windsor – 25, 000
- Goulburn – just over 20, 000
- Armidalle – almost 20, 000
- Broken Hill – 19, 000
- Forster-Tuncurry 18, 000
- Cessnock – 18, 000
- Grafton – 17, 000
- Taree – 16, 000
- Ballina – 16, 000
- Griffith – 16, 000
- Sawtell – 15, 000
- Singlet – almost 14, 000
- Raymond Terrace – 12, 000
- Kurri Kurri-Weston – 12, 000
- Kiama – 12, 000
- Bowral – 11, 000
- Lithgow – just over 11, 000
- Batemans Bay – about 11, 000
- Ulladulla – only over 10, 000
- Muswellbrook- simply over 10, 000
Then, of course, you will find dozens of towns with a populace below 10, 000, including the stated previously Byron Bay, which includes about 9, 000 residents. Perchance You reside in one of these simple towns, while you do, you will want to reveal about it in remarks below…
New to this website?
- Get a totally free content of my e-book "20 reasoned explanations why You Should Move to Australian Continent" from my page What's so excellent about Australia?
- Overwhelmed by the procedure for going to Australia? Avoid being, read my Migration Advice.
- Still stuck? Go directly to the Google search field, it is near the top in the right-hand side, and search the site for whatever you are seeking. One thing will appear, i have written about every thing!
- In the event that you however can't find the answers you are interested in, leave a remark on another web page; either We or some other person will attempt to answer you.
- Thank you for checking out and I also do hope you come back regularly.